Thursday, January 6, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow On The Cover Of Good Housekeeping

 Gwyneth Paltrow On The Cover Of Good Housekeeping

Gwyneth Paltrow has been making the publicity rounds to help promote her new movie, Country Strong, and the GOOP author opens up in the February issue of Good Housekeeping. In the issue the actress/singer opens up about her famous husband, suffering through postpartum depression, and learning to play an instrument for her latest movie.

On Why She’s Seldom Photographed with Husband
“If I’m looking grumpy in public or if Chris and I leave a restaurant separately, it’s only because we don’t want to encourage photographers.”
About her Husband Chris Martin
“I definitely have to coax things out of him when we talk. You know, he’s British, so it’s a different lexicon totally. But you have to communicate. Otherwise there’s no relationship.”
“I can depend on him. He makes me laugh. He’s really appreciative of me. You know, he makes me feel special.”
“It’s weird, because we’re famous people, but I think our values are primarily family-oriented. We’re not swept up in the whole thing of it.”
On Her Experience with Postpartum Depression after Moses Was Born
“I felt like a zombie. I couldn’t access my heart. I couldn’t access my emotions. I couldn’t connect. It was terrible, it was the exact opposite of what had happened when Apple was born. With her, I was on cloud nine. I couldn’t believe it wasn’t the same. I just thought it meant I was a terrible mother and a terrible person.”
“About four months into it, Chris came to me and said, ‘Something’s wrong. Something’s wrong.’ I kept saying, ‘No, no, I’m fine.’ But Chris identified it, and that sort of burst the bubble.”
 “The hardest part for me was acknowledging the problem. I thought postpartum depression meant you were sobbing every single day and incapable of looking after a child. But there are different shades of it and depths of it, which is why I think it’s so important for women to talk about it. It was a trying time. I felt like a failure.”

On Learning to Play Guitar for Country Strong
“It was so much fun to pick up a new skill. I can be a perfectionist, so I really practiced. And between Chris’s help and the director needing me to be prepared, I was totally ready when the time came.”
You can read more of Gwyneth’s interview with Good Housekeeping in the February issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment