Saturday, November 20, 2010

Jessica Alba Brings the Quote of the Day

Jessica Alba Brings the Quote of the Day | beauty body image |
 Jessica Alba Brings the Quote of the Day

From Elle:
Her low point was when her director told her she was ugly when she cried: “I wanted to stop acting,” Jessica Alba says. “I hated it. I really hated it.” Actually, it was the lack of acting she hated. “I remember when I was dying in Silver Surfer,” she says, referring to the 2007 Fantastic Four sequel in which she plays a woman who alternates between being invisible and wearing a spandex catsuit. “The director was like, ‘It looks too real. It looks too painful. Can you be prettier when you cry? Cry pretty, Jessica.’ He was like, ‘Don’t do that thing with your face. Just make it flat. We can CGI the tears in.’ And I’m like, But there’s no connection to a human being. And then it all got me thinking: Am I not good enough? Are my instincts and my emotions not good enough? Do people hate them so much that they don’t want me to be a person? Am I not allowed to be a person in my work? And so I just said, ‘F-ck it. I don’t care about this business anymore.’”
… says Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment