Saturday, December 25, 2010

Brittany Murphy’s Mother Still Struggling To Cope One Year Later

 Brittany Murphy’s Mother Still Struggling To Cope One Year Later

I can’t believe it’s been a year since the tragic passing of Brittany Murphy, who died at the age of 32 on December 20, 2009. Her mother, Sharon Murphy, is still having a hard time with it especially since Brittany’s husband, Simon Monjack died only 5 months after Brittany. Sharon spoke to In Touch Weekly about how she’s coping;
“It’s beyond strange. I don’t have answers for it. Sometimes just in order to function, I pretend it didn’t happen.”
I can’t imagine how difficult it must be for her. She also told the magazine that she still lives in Brittany’s home where she lived before her daughter died;
“I feel their presence here. It’s comforting.”
“I’m always remembering times with her. She would always say that we grew up together, and that’s true. We were so close, and such great friends.”
Everything surrounding that poor woman’s death is so sad, I still can’t believe that it’s been a year! Sharon is also writing a memoir about her daughter to help her through her grief. A piece of me understands why she would stay in the house, but I also think that it might be best for her to move out in order to help her grieve without constant reminders of what happened there. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment