Friday, December 10, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards Passed Away At Age 61

 Elizabeth Edwards Passed Away At Age 61

I just posted this morning about the deteriorating health of Elizabeth Edwards. After a long, heroic battle with breast cancer, Elizabeth passed away this afternoon.
Elizabeth was surrounded by family and friends at the time of her passing, which included her estranged husband and three children: Cate, 28, Emma, 12, and Jack, 10.


How awful for her family. Elizabeth’s last words to the public were posted on her Facebook account yesterday:
“You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined.
The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And, yes, there are certainly times when we aren’t able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It’s called being human…It isn’t possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel to everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know.”
Our thoughts go out to her loved ones.

Photos by WENN

edwards 041006

wenn1296122

ng elizabeth edwards 070509

No comments:

Post a Comment