Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Taylor Swift Is EW’s Youngest Entertainer Of The Year!

 Taylor Swift Is EW’s Youngest Entertainer Of The Year!

We already told you that Taylor Swift was named Entertainment Weekly’s Entertainer of the Year, but now we have some excerpts from her interview with the mag.

Swift clinched the coveted title after having a year that began with a No. 2 single debut, a hit movie, 4 Grammy awards and culminated with her release of Speak Now. Speak Now sold over one million copies in the first week alone, and Swift wrote all 14 songs on the cd! Wow, it’s kind of hard to argue with her title of Entertainer of the Year when you look at those stats!


Here’s what Taylor had to say about her new record and her new love!

Entertainment Weekly: Before Speak Now was released, were you nervous about it selling?
Taylor Swift: It was an emotional roller coaster leading up to releasing that record. I tend to live somewhere between hope and fear. I’ve never wavered so much in my life than I did in the weeks leading up to the record release.

EW: So how did you find out about the number?

Swift: I got a call, and it was a bunch of people from management and my mom and my dad on the phone. I remember Scott Borchetta, my record-label president, saying, “Congratulations. I guess you’re my million-dollar baby.” I made him say it, like, four times because I couldn’t actually believe it. First I was screaming, and then I was really silent, and then I was really emotional, and then I was dancing. I still can’t wrap my mind around it.

EW: And now people are saying you’ve saved the music business.

Swift: I write music about my life and love and relationships, and I hope that people like it enough to bring it into their world and make it about their life and their love and their relationships. That’s where I have to draw the line as far as what I am and what I am not.

Read more of Taylor’s interview, including some Jake Gyllenhaal scoop, after the jump!
EW: You caught some flak this year for some of your performances, particularly your duet with Stevie Nicks at the Grammys. Did that bother you?

Swift: Words are everything to me. Words can build me up and make me feel so good. And on the flip side, words can absolutely demolish me. I am nowhere close to being bulletproof when it comes to criticism. Feeling everything is part of being a songwriter. If I block out those feelings of pain and rejection, then I don’t know what I would write about. I’d rather feel pain when I read something terrible about me than feel nothing.

EW: Okay, moving on: Have you seen any good movies lately?

Swift: Um, yes! [Laughs] What have I seen lately? None that are out yet.

EW: How about Love & Other Drugs, starring Jake Gyllenhaal?

Swift: [Smiles] It’s a good movie.
I wonder if Jake Gyllenhaal is worried about Taylor writing a song about him?
(imnotobsessed)

No comments:

Post a Comment