Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Amber Heard Credits GLAAD For Making It Easier For People To Come Out

 Amber Heard Credits GLAAD For Making It Easier For People To Come Out

Actress Amber Heard says that GLAAD is one of the many reasons it’s so much easier for people to be open about their sexuality, including her own.

“The Stepfather” actress stepped out with her partner Tasya van Ree at the GLAAD 25th anniversary party in Hollywood on Friday night and shared:
I think GLAAD is one of the many reasons that I, as a 24 year old, can come out. I think that organisations like GLAAD make that possible because if it weren’t for opinions being changed, people being influenced, people being engaged to do the right thing, then there would be no prerogative for anyone to come out.


“Like I said, I can’t be a part of the problem. I hate the idea of a label just as much as anyone else but I’m with who I’m with, I love who I love. I personally think if you deny something or if you hide something you’re inadvertently admitting it’s wrong. I don’t feel like I’m wrong.”
Amber recently told AfterEllen.com about her girlfriend:
“She is beautiful – I mean, you’d have to be crazy not to want to go out with her.”
Amber has been pretty open about her sexuality in the past, but this is the first time she actually hit the red carpet with her girlfriend.

I had to add that Amber’s next projects are ‘Drive Angry‘ with Nic Cage and ‘The Rum Diary‘ with Johnny Depp. I’ve been waiting for EONS for The Rum Diary – it’s not due out til next year, but better late than never!

(imnotobsessed)

No comments:

Post a Comment