Friday, December 3, 2010

Kelly Osbourne Promotes HIV Awareness

 
 Kelly Osbourne Promotes HIV Awareness

Lots of people are too embaressed to talk about this sensitive subject, but it’s SO important. Kelly Osbourne, in typical Osbourne family style, is laying it all out on the line and talking about how she protects herself from HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.

I mean, she’s been totally open about her weight loss and drug abuse, so why not talk about sex too, while we’re at it? She had her first HIV test with her then boyfriend at age 17 in the U.S.
“He was in the hospital getting his appendix taken out and they needed to test him and they were like, ‘Why don’t the both of you get tested?’ They have amazing ways to be tested now. They had this thing that they just swabbed the inside of our cheeks with and within 10 minutes they told us.
“Now, it’s something that is part my yearly check-up with my doctor.”


And Kelly adds that she does keep condoms at home, just in case!
“When people say things like, ‘It’s never going to happen to me,’ or, ‘I’ll never get it,’ they’re less inclined to protect themselves the way that they should. It’s so simple. All you have to do is wear a condom. It’s not like anyone is asking you to do something really difficult and hard.”
“I have condoms. But I’m not the kind of person who will go out with them because, if I meet someone, it’s not like I’m just going to have sex with him the first time we meet.”
I’m glad she’s talking about this subject. It’s a serious health risk and not enough people are open about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment