Friday, December 10, 2010

Carey Mulligan Is A Sensible Person


 Carey Mulligan Is A Sensible Person

I think Carey Mulligan is gorgeous, so it’s kind of funny to hear that she doesn’t consider herself sexy, but that’s exactly what the ‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps” actress told Britain’s Elle Magazine.
“I’ve never felt like a sexy person… I’ve always felt like a sensible person. I’ve always felt absurd wearing anything revealing.”


She also went on to say that the Hollywood trend of looking a ‘certain way’ isn’t for her;
“I’ve always felt different here. I remember going up for auditions, walking into rooms of girls in denim minis, with cut off tank tops, tanned legs, long hair and manicures, thinking, ‘Erm…’ But it never made me feel bad. I’ve never felt pressure to look like that.”
“I’m not trying to sell myself as a visual. I’m selling my willingness to play a part really well. If your body doesn’t look normal, how can you convey normal people, how can you be relatable?”
It’s so refreshing to hear a young actress say that! I love that she’s more concerned about her work than how she looks! Wouldn’t it be nice if we embraced that attitude a little bit more in Hollywood?

imnotobsessed

britannia awards 6 051110

No comments:

Post a Comment